Utah Department of Administrative Services

Where's My Tax Refund

The Division of Finance processes tax refunds sent from the Tax Commission. These are then matched against debts owed to state agencies, institutions, courts, and the IRS. When a match is made, an administrative offset may be taken against the refund or payment and applied toward the payment of the debt. A processing fee is also charged when an offset is done.

Click here to find out the status of your tax refund from the Utah State Tax Commission. Also contact the Tax Commission at 297-2200 or 1-800-662-4335 to get your electronic fund transfer number or check (also called warrant) number. When you have this information, you may call the Division of Finance at 801-538-3200 to find out the following information:

  • If your check has been returned as undeliverable by the US Post Office;
  • If your check has cleared the bank;
  • When your electronic funds transfer should have been posted to your bank account;
  • If your payment was intercepted for a debt;
  • Who to contact if you have questions about the debt.
Server: .utah.gov | www.finance.utah.gov